1. Good Human Code of Conduct. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and also by the TILC Good Human Code of Conduct, which is defined below:
- a. We are Community: We value all voices and strive for productive and healthy collaborations between all.
- b. We are safe: We speak and act in ways that safeguard or protect each other from harm or danger of all kinds – including physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- c. We act with integrity: We let our actions reflect our values and strive to meet all commitments. We gently and firmly hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- d. We are respectful: We treat others with respect at all times and use language that reflects appreciation of their wisdom and perspective.
- e. We are fair: We are inclusive, fair, and equitable in all our transactions and interactions.
- f. We are supportive and inspiring: We use words and actions that encourage and uplift each other, encouraging everyone to be their best, authentic selves.
- g. We behave constructively: We address disagreements constructively, give others the benefit of the doubt, and address problems in collaborative ways.
3. The Eos Acceptable Use Policy. You agree to abide by the guidelines spelled out in the Eos Acceptable Use Policy, which provides specific examples to support the Good Human Code of Conduct and is available here.
4. Eos Accounts. Some content and features on Eos is publicly available and can be accessed by the general public; additional content and features are only accessible by Eos account holders. Only registered account holders can post content to Eos (other than replies to publicly-available content).
- b. Eos accounts are available to individuals and organizations. Individual accounts only allowed for legal persons over 18 years of age (no fake or under-aged persons allowed). Organizational accounts may only be created and used by legally authorized representatives of legally-registered companies in the US or Canada (no fake orgs allowed).
- c. Eos accounts will automatically renew on the 1-year anniversary of the date they were created, unless the account is terminated by either the account owner or TILC.
- d. The annual fee structure for Eos accounts may change at any time and any changes will be posted publicly and visibly on Eos. Any changes would apply at the time of the next renewal, and if the account holder doesn’t agree with the revised fee then they may terminate their account.
5. Account Termination. . Account holders may cancel their accounts at any time by emailing us at [email protected]. If canceling within 14 days of registration the account holder will receive a full refund of the fee they paid, and their account will be deleted. If canceling more than 14 days after registration, the account will be suspended until the end of the original period and then deleted, and there will be no refund of fees paid. The Intentional Living Collective may suspend or terminate an account as defined in the Good Human Code of Conduct or other good cause. In either case, the account will be canceled immediately and no portion of the account fee will be refunded. Except as provided in this Section, account fees are earned when paid and are not refundable.
6. Handling Objectionable Content. All Eos account holders agree to follow the steps outlined below – in order – when they feel the need to hold another account holder accountable for objectionable content, until a resolution is reached:
- 9. Title.
The account holder retains ownership of all profile information and other content provided to TILC, including content posted on the Portal. The account holder represents and warrants to TILC that they own or have the right to use and post all content that they upload to the Portal and that such content is not false, misleading, defamatory, nor does (or will) such content infringe third party property rights. The account holder may choose among a variety of privacy settings for all content posted to the Portal. The account holder hereby grants to TILC a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use provided content in any manner chosen by TILC, including without limitation, advertising and promotional materials regarding TILC and the Portal, testimonials posted within the Portal and postings related to TILC and/or the Portal on third party websites. Any use of account holder’s information or content will not identify them by name, but may include their image, initials and general location.
10. Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. The platform (website and Portal) and other software infrastructure, as well as all content placed on the TILC website and Community Connections Portal by TILC or its business affiliates, are owned by and licensed to TILC by Intentional Legacies, LLC. Except for user content placed on the Portal by TILC members and except as expressly noted on the Portal or in your TILC Account Holder Agreement, all materials and information contained on the Portal, including but not limited to, all images, pictures, logos, illustrations, designs, photographs, video clips, text, icons, graphics, case studies, white papers, press releases, designs, overall appear
ance of the Portal, and written and other materials that appear on the Portal (collectively, referred to as “TILC content”) are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress or other intellectual property owned, controlled, or licensed by TILC or its affiliates or are the property of their respective owners that have been licensed to TILC and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and conventions. In all cases, however, TILC members will own all data and other content that they input into their accounts or that they post on the public portions of the Portal.
11. Limitation of Liability. In no event will TILC be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or damages for loss of data, incurred by you or any third party, whether under contract, tort or any other theory of liability, arising in connection with any party’s use of the Portal or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, system failure, loss of data, or loss of use related to the Portal or any website operated by any third party or any contents of the Portal or any other website, even if TILC is aware of the possibility of such damages.
TILC provides the content and functionality of the Portal and all member accounts on an As-Is basis. TILC will make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all Portal content whether owned by TILC or by Members, but it does not warrant that the Portal, including without limitation, any account holder account will be secure or error-free or that they will function without delays or imperfections. TILC makes no warranty regarding the effectiveness of services offered by TILC members to each other, including without limitation any advice or guidance provided by members of the Life Transition Ambassador program. TILC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE APPLICABLE TO THE PORTAL OR TO ANY MEMBER ACCOUNT, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. Passwords. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) you are given or that you create to access the Portal, including any account you maintain on the Portal, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s). You agree to notify TILC immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s). Further, Members have the ability to determine who can access each piece of their profile content by setting Privacy levels/tiers appropriately and the Member assumes full responsibility for the management of those settings.
15. Termination of Use. If you are not a registered TILC account holder you agree that TILC may, in its sole discretion, at any time terminate your access to the Portal and any account(s) you may have in connection with the Portal. Access to the Portal may be monitored by TILC. If you are a TILC member, TILC may terminate your access to the member areas of the Portal and/or your TILC member if you are in default under your TILC Agreement.
16. Interruption of service. Access to the Portal may be interrupted or restricted at any time for reasons outside the control of TILC. Access to the Portal may be interrupted or restricted due to website maintenance, updates, or improvements, which TILC will use commercially reasonable efforts to announce in advance and conduct during nighttime hours in North America. TILC does not guarantee that the Portal will be available on a 24/7/365 basis.
17. Applicable Law. All matters relating to your access to, and use of, the Portal shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to its conflicts of laws principles. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, the Portal shall only be instituted in a state or federal court in Washtenaw County, Michigan. You and TILC agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that the venue is proper in these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
19. Disclaimer. TILC uses data security systems and protocols that are designed to protect personal identification data and the non-public contents of member accounts from disclosure to or access by unauthorized third parties. While TILC will take reasonable efforts to secure the Portal and its contents, no data security system is perfect and TILC cannot guarantee that the data in its possession or that members post in their accounts or in the public areas of the Portal cannot be accessed by a determined intruder with good information technology skills. As a result, TILC disclaims liability to any user of the Portal, including without limitation, TILC members, for any direct or indirect damages that may result from the unauthorized access to or use by anyone of any content located on the Portal or in any member account, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Bulletin Boards, Forums, Chat Rooms and Blogs. Portions of the Portal allow you to post information which other visitors to the Portal will be able to access (such as on a “forum”, or replies to a blog or during an interactive “chat” with other visitors). In the event that you choose to post information in this context, it becomes generally available to the public, and we have no ability to control or limit its use by visitors to our Portal. By posting content on the Portal you are providing TILC and its affiliates the right to use the information in connection with the operation of TILC’s business. Therefore, we encourage you not to post any information on the public areas of the Portal that you consider private or sensitive.
You represent and warrant that you have the right to post any information, graphics or other data that you transmit in any manner to any chat room, blogs, forum or similar domain (collectively “User Domains”) that is operated by or linked to the Portal. Further, for all postings you agree to hold yourself accountable to the TILC Code of Conduct as defined in the Membership Agreement and agree to submit to the curation process defined there. TILC makes no warranty regarding the accuracy of any information or data transmitted to the Portal by any person, including without limitation, representatives of TILC. You may use or rely on any such information at your risk.You may use the Portal only on an As-Is basis. TILC disclaims all warranties regarding the Portal. You are responsible for all results that occur following your use of the Portal.
22. Privacy of Minors. TILC’s web Portal, software and services do not target, and are not structured to attract, persons under the age of 18. TILC does not collect any registration information from users who indicate they are under the age of 18. If TILC discovers personal data from a child under age 18, in any of its records, TILC will eliminate that data from the Portal and its records.
23. Security of Information.To protect th
e privacy of personal information provided by you, TILC employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. Additionally, only authorized administrators and staff have access to systems containing personal identification information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
24. Amendments.TILC and The account holder may amend this Agreement at any time by mutual Agreement confirmed in writing. In addition, TILC may amend this Agreement, in its sole discretion, effective upon written notice to The Account Holder. TILC will not increase any fees payable by The Account Holder, including, without limitation, annual usagefees, except upon at least 30 days prior written notice to the account holder. Any such written notice may be provided by email, broadcast, or other messaging sent through the Portal.
25. Policy Questions or Concerns. If there are questions or concerns about the policy above, please provide them via email at [email protected].